Subjects Available in New Brunswick High Schools
Students can earn a New Brunswick High School Diploma if they have not already graduated from High School in their home country. Length of program will be determined by the number of eligible / transferrable credits from the student’s current school and the student’s proficiency in the English Language.
In order to graduate, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Pass 18 out of 20 credits in Grades 11-12, seven of which are compulsory courses listed below
- Five of these credits must be from Grade 12 courses including English
- Pass the English Language Proficiency Assessment
Compulsory (must select and pass) courses:
- English 11 (full-year course, 2 credits)
- Financial and Workplace Mathematics 11 OR Foundations of Mathematics 11 (1 credit)
- Science (1 credit) from any of the following: Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Introduction to Environmental Science, Robotics & Automated Technology, Automotive Electrical Systems, Introduction to Electronics, Physical Geography, Human Physiology
- Modern History 11 (1 credit)
- Fine Arts & Life Role Development (1 credit) from any of the following: Visual Arts, Individual & Family Dynamics, Reading Tutor, Music, Physical Education Leadership, Theatre Arts, Entrepreneurship, Graphic Art & Design, Outdoor Pursuits, Career Exploration, Co-operative Education, Wellness Phys Ed, Nutrition
- English 12 (1 credit)
Note: Students take five courses per semester. There are 90 credit hours per course per semester.
As of September 2020, grade 10 students will be required to complete 18 credits for graduation in June of 2023, two of which must be Math credits. Numbers, Relations and Functions 10 will be considered a credit and will be a prerequisite for Foundations of Math 11 and which is required for the Pre-Calculus 11 pathway.