Interested in Hosting Students?
Welcoming a student from a different country and culture into your home is both an enriching and a challenging experience. By sharing your home and offering guidance, your family becomes an important part of the international student’s life. It’s also a wonderful opportunity to develop friendships that will last a lifetime.
If you and your family are interested in exploring the possibility of welcoming an international student into your home, we invite you to get in touch with the coordinator assigned to one of the host schools in your community. Coordinator names and contact information can be found on the Host Schools page.
Becoming a Host Family
- Attend community events
- Share our culture
- Participate in family events
- Show them our beautiful province
- Include them in everyday family events
- Provide a private bedroom
- Provide access to internet
- Provide three nutritious meals daily
- Have access to school bus route or public transportation
- Local Homestay Coordinators
- District & School Staff
- Atlantic Education International Staff
- Other Host Families
- and more.